Inside Penn State's Virtual Palmer Museum

Inside Penn State's Virtual Palmer Museum
My avatar likes ART

Friday, February 18, 2011

Elderly and disability housing

High-tech elderly and disability housing in the real world; namely McKeesport, Pennsylvania:

McKeesport is the home of Blue Roof Technologies. http://www.bluerooftechnologies.com/


Yes, it is wheelchair accessible.



This is a floor plan of the inside. I have driven my scooter through all of it, so I know it exists. I also know that right now there is an elderly individual living in a cottage of this design and more cottages are becoming available for residence as I key in these words.

Sensors command that 911  be caslled automatically if a resident falls. The apartment reminds (the apartment reminds? here walls talk) the resident when to take medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment